myAXA Login

Safely on the move

Car insurance

Is your car your pride and joy, or just a means of getting from A to B? Whichever applies to you, it’ll certainly have the best insurance with us. Calculate your premium online – You keep your advisor even when you purchase from us online.

Calculate the premium

Your advantages 

  • Car pickup and delivery service (incl. free replacement vehicle)
  • Extras insured free of charge
  • Personal advice possible despite on-line purchase
  • Teaser Image
    Compare your quotation or policy now!

    New car insurance? Simply upload your quotation or policy and you’ll soon receive a comparative quotation over the phone from AXA.

    To Upload

Insurance overview

Every motor vehicle owner must have liability insurance. Accidental damage and accident insurance are voluntary. Here is an overview of AXA's car insurance offering.

Liability insurance

Liability insurance is mandatory. It covers any damage you may cause to other road users, animals or property while you are driving and protects you against any unsubstantiated claims for damages you may face.

  • Guaranteed amount CHF 100 million

Accidental damage insurance

Accidental damage insurance is voluntary and covers damage to your car. You can choose between partial accidental damage insurance & comprehensive accidental damage insurance.

Partial accidental damage insurance:

  • Roadside assistance throughout Switzerland
  • Theft
  • Malicious damage (e.g. deliberately broken off rear-view mirrors)
  • Damage by natural forces (e.g. hail), fire, snowslides, animals and martens
  • Glass breakage (all glass including headlights)
  • Transported belongings (e.g. sports bag)
  • Extras: Free coverage of up to 10% of the vehicle's list price
Compensation in the event of a total loss

Present value supplement Plus

  • 100% in the first 2 years (max. purchase price)
  • From year 3, much higher compensation than the standard present value

Purchase price guarantee

  • 100% for the first 5 years from purchase date
  • From year 6, much higher compensation than the standard present value (+ 30%)
  • For new and second-hand cars
  • Purchase price up to CHF 100,000
  • Not possible if leasing

Comprehensive insurance (collision coverage):

  • Damage to your car due to a collision
  • Parking damage includable (unlimited cases)

Accident insurance

With accident insurance we support you financially if the driver or passengers are injured or killed. This applies even if the question of who is at fault has not been settled.

  • Valid for all cars registered in Switzerland that you drive and not just your own car
  • Medical expenses, e.g. private ward in a hospital
  • Death lump sum, in addition to other insurance benefits
  • Disability lump sum, in addition to other insurance benefits

Bonus protection for no-claims discount

Bonus protection guarantees that you do not lose your discount in the event of an accident. Claims-free driving leads to a reduction in your car insurance premium until it is just 30%.

Carefree car warranty

The carefree car warramty protects you against high repair costs after the purchase of your used car or after your car warranty has expired.

Customer reviews

4.7/5Vehicle Insurance

Determined from 19843 customer opinions

Review silver seal

To the reviews

Save on your premiums now – for anyone under 26

Young drivers aged 18 to 25 have the opportunity to make big savings on their car insurance premiums with AXA.

  • Teaser Image

    The free DrivePartner app will help you at any time thanks to its smart driving-related functions. Young drivers benefit from a 15% premium discount for installing it.

    Benefit now

Examples of damage/loss

Driving into the garage with roof rack

Driving into the garage with roof rack

Franziska is driving to the shops and forgets her bicycle is on the car roof. On driving into the parking garage, her bicycle and the roof rack are both ripped off the car and the garage entrance is damaged. Fortunately, Franziska has taken out car insurance with AXA.

  1. Statement of costs
  2. Accidental damage
  3. Chassis damage to the car roof CHF 3, 456
  4. Damaged roof rack CHF 155
  5. Bicycle CHF 1, 250
  6. Liability claims
  7. Damage to garage entrance CHF 365
  8. Grand total damage/loss CHF 5, 226
  9. Franziska's deductible CHF 1,000
  10. Compensation by AXA CHF 4, 226
Accident due to black ice

Accident due to black ice

It's early morning and Dominic is driving his daughter to the crèche. Laura is playing up. Dominic takes a quick look in the rear-view mirror and overlooks an icy patch on the street. He can't brake on time and crashes side-on with an approaching car. AXA car insurance covers the damage.

  1. Statement of costs
  2. Accidental damage (for Dominic's car)
  3. Towing CHF 350
  4. Total damage/loss CHF 25, 926
  5. Liability claim (for the other car)
  6. Towing CHF 350
  7. Total damage/loss CHF 31, 654
  8. Grand total damage/loss CHF 58, 280
  9. Dominic's deductible CHF 1, 000
  10. Compensation by AXA CHF 57, 280

Support and frequently asked questions

We use cookies and analysis tools to improve the user friendliness of the Internet website and personalise the advertising of AXA and advertising partners. More details: Data protection